Looks like it. Please download the latest Ant release and install it
following Ant's installation instructions. Then use ant.bat/ant.sh to
build FOP and not build.bat. Ant can be found at http://ant.apache.org.

I've heard that best practice is not to bundle Ant with a project but to
make an Ant installation a requirement on every machine someone wants to
build Java projects on. Looks like we hit one of the reasons for this
best practice here. I'll raise that point on fop-dev.

Sorry for the trouble caused. I was the one to introduce JUnit tests in
the build.xml for HEAD.

On 10.12.2003 20:46:52 Simon Pepping wrote:
> Ant's failure message mentions optional.jar. I do not have that
> because it does not come with the checkout. Could that be the cause?

Jeremias Maerki