You might have better luck post-converting the PDF to postscript with
ghostscript.

-----Original Message-----
From: A.R. (Tom) Peters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 3:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: no sub-, super-script in PS from .fo

I noticed that when I generate PostScript output from FO, sub- and
super-scripts are not rendered correctly but are plainly in-line.  PDF
output from the same .fo is correctly rendered below or above the
baseline.

I did not find this problem reported in the buglist or in recent mail
archives.  Another person confirmed this problem.

What to do?

The Fo snippets are simply like:
<fo:inline vertical-align="super">+</fo:inline>

In processing, the only difference is I apply "-ps" as parameter to
Fop instead of default PDF.  Fop uses Xalan2 .

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you!