Jörg,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:15:42PM +0200, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Simon Pepping wrote:
> >I think it is time to create a project for the hyphenation files at
> >Sourceforge. The project should be a home for all sorts of accessories
> >to FOP, or even to FO processors in general. Do you want to
> >participate? Do you know a nice name?
>
> Well, sf.net would appeal to a larger body of developers, I think,
> and is certainly easier to menage for small projects, but we
> can also ask on jakarta-commons, xml-commons and even declare it
> a FOP (or XML graphics) subproject.

It is up to you to decide where you want your efforts to be host it. I
am happy to present it in a sf.net project, but there is little more
that I can do. Do you want to pursue these efforts further, or do you
want to make them available to others who might be interested? I am
afraid that is always a difficult proposition without active
recruitment.

> Anyway, I just uploaded
>  http://cvs.apache.org/~pietsch/t.tar.gz
> which contains several unfinished stuff I produced the last year:
> - Utilities to generate tables for the Unicode line break property
> - A class keeping a line break state according to TR14, which should
>   be easier to usee than the java.text.BreakIterator for FOP
> - A Java port of MySpell
> - An attempt at providing a layered hierarchy for spell checking
>  and hyphenation interfaces.
> - A Java port of the link grammar parser (incomplete, badly designed,
>  buggy and without approvement of the original authors, *please* use
>  only for personal study, don't redistribute).
> - An attempt at a morphological analyzer for german words.
> Somehow, the simple port of patgen as well as other attempts at
> simplifying the current FOP hyphenator are missing, I hope I
> remember to upload them tomorrow.

I see in the tar file two parts: java code and data. Would it be
useful to indicate which parts of the code belong to each of the above
items?

>  buggy and without approvement of the original authors, *please* use
>  only for personal study, don't redistribute).

This would not exclude making it available on a public web page?

Regarding your items to chew on, would you want these to be part of a
web page for this code?

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping