Thanks!

Not only were those attributes missing, I also tried to add the element to a fo:block element. That's not allowed either, it has to be a direct child of a <flow> element. Guess I'll have to use table-based formatting here. Thanks for the link!

Jeroen.

Chris Bowditch wrote:

Jeroen van der Vegt wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to position an image in a PDF file which is generated using fop 0.20.5. Adding an image to static-content is no problem, but when I try to add it in a block-container, fop crashes. This is the relevant fop code:

<xsl:template name="foo">
   <fo:block-container top="-10mm" left="120mm" position="absolute">
     <fo:external-graphic height="30mm" src="url(images/bar.jpg)"/>
   </fo:block-container>
</xsl:template>

FOP 0.20.5 has only limited support for block-container. The limitations are described on the compliance page:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-object-block-container

I see that you have not included width and height on the block-container. I believe that is the problem.

<snip/>

Chris

Jeroen van der Vegt
Designer
*Technolution B.V.* Telephone: +31(0)182 59 40 00
Fax: +31(0)182 53 97 36
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit us at: www.technolution.nl <http://www.technolution.nl>
Mailing address: P.O. Box 2013 - 2800 BD Gouda - The Netherlands
Address: Zuidelijk Halfrond 1 - 2801 DD Gouda - The Netherlands
GPS: N 52°.00'58,2" E 4°.41'05,2"
/This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission./