First of all, please, let me know if it is'nt the right list to make this question.
I explain my process... Y convert some html files to FO with HTML2FO.
Like that, I generate "FO templates". After that, I replace some text in these templates and I use FOP to convert from these FO templates to PDF files. Under windows there is no problem and all works fine. But under linux (debian woody), accents (á, é, ...), are displayed as "?" (both, original accents and these that come from replacement of text).
I've considered some causes with no success. There are many things involved.
Could be a problem on the system Locale in my linux?
A file encoding problem?

Thanks a lot!