> How does your
> userconfig.xml look like on Windows? Do you use the
> fontBaseDir setting?

Sorry, forgot to tell you: No, I don't use a fontBaseDir.  The fonts element
with the contents I just posted is the only element inside <configuration>
in fop-config.xml.
Perhaps these infos are also important (but all ok with that very old
tomcat):
- I rebuilt FOP with an extra german hyphenation file
- As already mentioned, the font metrics file(s) where created under Linux.

Bye!
sonja