Willy Reinhardt wrote:

Hi,

I am using fop version 0.20.5 and according the compliance page
properties widows and orphans aren't supported. But after looking over
the net I found some messages which said the orphans,widows properties
are implemented (version 0.17.).

Version 0.17 is very old. I don't think FOP has ever implemented keep-* or widow/orphan properties since the start of the project. Perhaps someone modified a copy of FOP to meet their needs, which involved implementing keep-* or widow/orphan properties.

- What is the status, orphans and widows properties are implemented or
not ?
- If not how to manage a break into fo:block when it reach the end of
page ?

The way to prevent a block being split over a page break is to use keep-together="always" on a fo:block. This hasn't been implemented in 0.20.5 or any version before it, but it has been implemented in the current development version. You can download it from SVN, compile it and try it for yourself. Note, that the development version doesn't yet honour widow/orphan properties, but keep-* properties are sufficient for most people's requirements.

Chris