> How often does it occur that a page break happens immediately
> after the headline? I'd probably remove the table altogether.

Unfortunately, quite often ;-(
If I do drop a "feature", then it would be the smaller region-body on
the first page.

> I'm afraid a table width isn't recomputed after a page break.
> This has something to do with how table columns are set up,
> the routine probably has to be called again after a page break,
> at least if an ipd change is detected.

What I did not yet try is removing the two table raws in favour of only
one with only the keep-together attribute. Perhaps the break occurs
between the two rows, and I actually don't need two to get my keep, do
I?

Regards,
sonja