On Nov 14, 2005, at 00:35, Samuel Penn wrote:

As a followup, now that I've got my graphics embedded in a PDF,
is there a way of forcing the graphic to scale to the available
area?

:-)

Just your luck! In the current trunk version this seems to work perfectly (ATM it's only available via Subversion, though, later next week the binaries will be made available)

If you have FOP Trunk, use:

<fo:external-graphic height="100%" content-*="scale-to-fit" .../>

where '*' is either 'height' or 'width'

Greetz,

Andreas