Thanks again. I am making progress. I also emailed StylueStudio. They had also seen the problem and sent me a corrected version of the xsl file. Now I can get the application to run through to the success message. However, here is a small problem. Normally, when I run this with the older fop (0.20.5), the generated Adobe document is about 208 K. It is a catalog of videos, with formatted text and gif images of the video covers. However, when I run it with the new fop, I get an 8 K Adobe document, which fails when I try to open it. In the output folder, I do get an application file, named I - a 210 K file with no extension. If I open that with Adobe, I get the actual document. Any ideas what I can do about this?

I am using this example to wring out my process and give me some ideas on how to format my document.

I am developing an application that will take several in-line svg files and a variety of text elements, all included in an xml document. I will develop an xsl sheet to format this, and my customer will use it to generate a pdf document, which will be mailed to their survey participants. Personally, if the file really was successful, I could just rename it, but my user wont be able to do that, and I ought to get it right.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: porblem running new fop-0.91

Actually, this message refers to the fo:region-before element in the
single-page-master. The specification dictates that border and/or padding
must not be specified on a region-before which seems to be the case in
your example. Either remove the offending properties or disable "strict
validation" [1][2] (-r on the command-line). In the latter case, you
will still receive a warning but not an exception anymore. Have fun.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.91/embedding.html#config-internal
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.91/configuration.html#general-elements