Thanks for your reply and your offer. I'll take you up on it when I am a little farther along. Layout and FOP is new ground for me, so I appreciate any help.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: best way to use fop to layout report.

Ah, I see now what you've been targetting at: Abusing tables to do all
sorts of layout tricks. Yeah, you can do that with XSL-FO, and yes,
depending on your layout requirements there are better choices. However,
FOP still doesn't implement some of the features that might help in
certain situations (like fo:float). You're welcome to point us/me to
your work if you would like someone give you a second-opinion/review at
any time. Usually, it's easier to make suggestions if you can actually
see what someone's doing.