I finally had a chance to look at this. Turns out that it works fine if
you print directly, for example, using "-print" from the command-line.
If you print from the preview dialog, however, the page size is not
correct and therefore content gets swallowed. We'll have to find out why
the Preview window does something different than the rest of the code.