Thanks. That worked perfectly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manuel Mall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: X-Bar symbol

On Mar 19, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Tracey Zellmann wrote:

I am looking for an easy way to print an X with a bar over it - the
symbol for the average of a sample. I could do it with svg, but I was
hoping for a slightly easier approach. The symbol will occupy one header
cell in a table row, so it has room to the left and right.

I think you're looking for the text-decoration="line-through"
property[1]. I haven't tested it, but according to the FOP Compliance
page[2], this should be supported.

So, it would look like this (untested):

<fo:inline text-decoration="line-through">X</fo:inline>
<snip/>

As Tracy seems to look for a bar above the x text-decoration="overline" is
probably what she needs.

Another way would be to use a fo:inline or fo:character with an
appropriate border-before and/or padding-before setting.

Clay Leeds

Manuel