Thanks, Jeremias.

Two straightforward solutions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: controlling space before a table row

padding-top does not apply to table-row. So, you can't use that. Your
second attempt with the border on the table will only place a border on
the table and only if you also specify border-top-style, but it won't
help you either. The easiest thing IMO is to use an empty table-row with
a specified height, i.e.:

<fo:table-row height=".2in">
 <fo:table-cell><fo:block/></fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

Of course, you can also use margin-before on every first block in every
table-cell.