To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Keep-Together Problems

At the moment, only "always" is supported for keep values which causes
the effect you've seen. So far nobody has implemented any refinements
that will cause certain keep conditions to be relaxed if necessary as
defined in XSL 1.0, chapter 4.8.

The solution would be to implement finer rules to specify penalty values
during element list generation. Currently, there's no work-around other
than not to use keeps.