My previous company used FOP (0.20.5) to process (for just one of their clients) 3 million bills per month. They also had many other large health insurance clients who used FOP for output as well (print and/or PDF). FOP proved to be very powerful and reliable. Bills averaged about 3-5 pages (with some as large as 30 or more).