I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your specific questions, but maybe this site might be of use:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/QuickDraw/QuickDraw-2.html

I used it when fixing some PICT related bugs with JIMI.

-Wyatt

narendra babu wrote:
ok, no prob sir, i am using C-code to extract the data present in the pict file, can u just give me the hint how to extract where in the file the image data is present. also the icc profile present in the file. after all the headers of the pict file does the image data starts or profile starts, if the image is present in the file, i want to extract the size also, so whether the size will be specified in the file or should we calculate with the help of x and y axis present in the header.

*/Wyatt Tellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    I've used JIMI (http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/) to write PICT
    files,
    but never from within FOP.

    -Wyatt

    narendra babu wrote:
     > hello everybody,
     >
     > is there anybody who have some knowledge on PICT file.

     > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
     >
     > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
    Version 8.

Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com/> Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com>