Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Oct 8, 2006, at 15:45, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

<snip />
It appears that either these bugs simply get ignored by Oracle (*), or no-one takes the time to file them and supply the Oracle-devs with the information they really need to address these problems.

It just occurred to me: to make sure which of the two options applies here, maybe someone can test this with Oracle 10g and see if the bug is still present in that release. Maybe it has already been fixed, but not in Oracle 9...

Been there, done that with Oracle 10.1.3, Oracle XML-parsing bugs still exist there too. The main solution, which worked well for me, is to switch to the Apache Xerces libraries[1].

Glen

[1] http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25221_04/web.1013/b14433/classload.htm#CIHFJEEF