Hello

I am trying to merge a few .png files for size approximately 150 kb
each to some 5000 pdf files using fop process.

I am running JDK version 1.3.1_19.

I see that the fop process is much more time/memory consuming compared
to merging jpg files of similar size (instead of png files).

The png files themselves are merging fine. But I am a bit nervous
about the fact that

1. I had to increase the JVM memory size to 256 MB (otherwise I am
getting an outofmemory exception)
2. The fop process takes much more time (100% time increase) than what
it used to take when it was orginally merging jpg files.

Are there any best practices that I need to be aware while merging the
png files of before putting my code into production servers. I am
hoping that the above said points are the only limitations of png
files merging using fop process and there is nothing more to it.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Prasanna Kumar