On Sep 19, 2007, at 11:04, Kevin wrote:

Hi

Sorry, I didn't provide the complete details of the server environment FOP is
running:

If you say that 'the same XSL works fine in your development environment', does that also mean 'the same XML'? Can you check with the *exact* same XML + XSLT, and see if that gives you a clue?

Other things that come to mind:
Have you succeeded in rendering the PDF (including post-processing the Area Tree) in your development environment? If so, then the most obvious suspect is either the XML parser or XSLT processor in the server environment (if it's not the XML: see above). Can you provide some more details on the exact steps your Java code takes to complete the full cycle (XML -> PDF)?

Try to perform the XSL transform only, but in the server environment (or with the *exact* same configuration, at least), and take a look at the resulting FO. As Pascal already hinted at, the error should be in there. It occurs while parsing the FO, not when rendering the Area Tree... That's why I somehow suspect that you did try the same stylesheet, but with a different (simplified?) XML.

HTH!

Andreas