I have developed an application that generates PDFs of documentation in an
eclipse environment controlled by a variety of SWT widgets.

My customer would like his users to know when FOP has encountered a problem,
but give them a simple message. We are already trapping exceptions, so I am
interested in the kinds of events where FOP may generate a WARNING or SEVERE
logging message. Like - the text has exceeded the allowed width and is
overwriting another area, or the bookmark ids are pointing to a null
view-port, for instance. I know how to write a File Handler to route those
message to a file. Is there a way I can capture an event that will tell us
to pop a dialog to the user, and hopefully get part of the logging message ?