On Jan 9, 2008, at 18:56, Li, Hao wrote:

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the PDF generated by fop 0.93 is 508 compliant or FOP does the effort to make it 508 compliant?

Honestly, I had no idea what is meant by "508 compliance" to begin with.

For all those who are interested: http://www.section508.gov/

Or is it something relevant to the xml before the transformation not FOP?

At first glance, it seems to be something that applies to "accessibility" of information in general (is not restricted to printed media).

From what I can tell immediately, I don't think this "508 compliance" holds for documents generated by FOP. Note that the 'Common Accessibility' properties, as defined by the XSL Rec, are for the largest part unimplemented in FOP at the moment.

KR

Andreas