On 09.04.2008 02:32:32 Christopher R. Maden wrote:
> 1) FOP now complains about empty fo:table-cells.  This is strictly
> correct, I suppose, but annoying.  More troubling, it fails with an
> exception and a stack trace when it happens, rather than a simpler error
> message.

If you want to feed FOP invalid XSL-FO, you can enable relaxed
validation (either on FopFactory or through the configuration) as
described on the website.

The thing with the stacktrace was a temporary measure as some exceptions
were swallowed due to suboptimal exception handling. This will be
improved with the next release as we add an processing feedback system
that allows more fine-grained event handling.

> 2) Line-wrapping doesn’t seem to happen automatically in table cells:
>
> Apr 8, 2008 4:09:58 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager
> $LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
> WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 11431mpt.
> (fo:block, location: 2/56170)
>
> is the message, now.  These same paragraphs used to wrap in 0.94 and in
> 0.20.5.

I assume you have a keep-together="always" somewhere upstream of the
table-cell. Please note that some support for inline keeps has been
added. If you do keep-together="always" you're indirectly setting
keep-together.within-line="always" which forbids FOP to break the line.
Just change that to keep-together.within-column="always".

> 3) While this doesn’t produce the strange page-breaking behavior seen in
> 0.94 (thanks!) it still does not appear to honor keep-together="always"
> on table-body.  By comparison 0.20.5 kept table-bodies together by
> default.
>
> My document consists of a series of these:
>
> <fo:table-body border="solid 1pt black" keep-together="always">
>
> Dummy output is available on request, if it would be helpful.

Confirmed. There is indeed a bug there. But keep in mind, it should be
keep-together.within-column="always"! Thanks for the feedback!