From: Rakesh Kumar S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:40
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Character spacing problems

I'm using Arial font in FOP and when I render it to PDF with a specific
font type and size (bold, size 12
pt) and I do the same with Microsoft word and print both. It is exact
same line and same font etc. The Microsoft version of it is longer (when
I overlay and
compare) than the FOP version even though both are using the same fonts?
Somehow the spacing of the characters/words seems to be different in FOP
than with word.

Is this a known issue? Can this be corrected? This is causing some
inconsistency between 2 formats namely word and PDF. Please help.

-- I found this post earlier, i am also facing the same problem.

What is the solution to this problem????

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail
contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents
to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may
contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as
a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address
may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.