That was discussed some time ago. You might want to read up on the
status here: http://fop.markmail.org/search/?q=trimbox

I've prepared FOP so TrimBox, BleedBox and MediaBox can all be set [1].
But the wiring into an extension hasn't been completed, yet.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=618626&view=rev

I've attached a patch which comes from a working copy where I started an
implementation for bleed. Not sure if it already does anything useful,
but it could be a starting point. HTH