You can fix this by not using a keep or by a more fine-grained use of
keeps. Furthermore, I've implemented partial support for integer values
on keeps in FOP Trunk. The strengths are not yet respected but contrary
to "always", an integer value allows FOP to break a section if it would
result in an overflow otherwise. HTH