Hi Georg,

Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
>> I have the feeling this is a job for markers, but I've
>> never played with markers myself. Maybe something like
>> this: put a marker containing the headline in every
>> cell, and a retrieve-marker with retrieve-boundary="page".
>> Hope this shows you the path to a solution.
>
> I had a look at markers and retrieve-table-marker seems to be the right way.
> Only it doesn't work. The compliance page doesn't even mention
> retrieve-table-marker. I guess, that's not a good sign. If you knew that and
> you are talking about a marker outside of the table I don't quite understand
> how the block would be defined to appear on the second page as a headline.

fo:retrieve-table-marker hasn’t been implemented yet. I thought a plain
fo:retrieve-marker would have done the job, but I forgot that it’s
allowed only as a descendant of an fo:static-content element. This is
not a problem when the table is split over pages, but it will be if it
starts in the middle of a page, as the headline will appear at the wrong
place. And I guess this may be the case in your real-life documents...

If the headline is narrow enough to fit in the first header cell, then
I guess retrieve-table-marker would do the job once it’s implemented.
Otherwise, I’m not even sure your layout can be achieved using plain
XSL-FO constructs. Other opinions on this are welcome.

Sorry...
Vincent