Thanks a lot, now it works as I wanted it to.
But one more thing, I don't get, is why do you use the AffineTansform a 2nd
time, before the addLink in your example:

            AffineTransform pdfInitialTransform = new AffineTransform(
                    1, 0, 0, -1, 0, pageSize.height);

            g2d.translate(20, 20);

            Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(20, 20, 40, 50);
            g2d.setColor(Color.BLUE);
            g2d.fill(rect);

>>>            AffineTransform tx = new
>>> AffineTransform(pdfInitialTransform);
            Rectangle2D targetRect = rect;

            g2d.addLink(targetRect, tx, "0 0 595 842", PDFLink.INTERNAL);

Thanks again
Tim