Thanks for your help, Andreas,

But your solution only makes the first column blocks 5cm longer. If there's
more space in the first column, it's not used. And if the second column block +
5cm is longer than page height, the empty block flows to the second page and
the text block for the second page is moved to the third page. I'm afraid,
that's not dynamical enough for me.

In my real live case, I have a table in the right column which can spread over
multiple pages. In the left column I have some images which should pe printed
on each page, no matter how many pages the table spans. At the moment I
generate the table and one set of images, have a look at the area tree and find
out, how many pages the table spans. Then I go back to the fo-file and insert
image blocks as needed. I guess, I could ask the area tree for the size of the
image block and the sizes of the table blocks and then calculate a space-after
or padding-after for the  image blocks instead of the page breaks. Does that
sound possible and which area tree attribute should I look at to get the
realtime height of the blocks?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------