I finally worked it out. Ouf.
I had to create a ImageFactoryLoader and a Loader to create my initial Image
from the context. After reading the code I conclude that we can't avoid
creating the Loader and LoaderFacotry.

If you look at the code of
PipelineFactory.determineCandidatePipelines(ImageInfo imageInfo, ImageFlavor
targetFlavor) you can see the call to
registry.getImageLoaderFactories(imageInfo, targetFlavor) and there,
surprise : to find a pipeline you first need to get a compatible
LoaderFactory (it seems finally logic as we need an initial image so we can
convert it).

So now I'm at the state where everything works (the fop part and my
extensions) and now hope that fops implementation of Graphics2D is
compatible with Jfreechart.

At the moment drawing basic forms to the Graphis2D works and it gets
displayed into the pdf, however I have still some problems when I'm drawing
with Jfreechart (but I suppose it's my fault and hope so).

When I'll have something clean and working well I'll share it so other can
benefit of that work.

Thanks for your help.

Eugen