Hi Ruud,

Yes this is a bug, which has been fixed in my patch, but since I
didn't think anyone else had bumped into it I didn't want to put it
into trunk since I also made some code improvements to the class and
was weary that it could cause merge issues when/if the branches are
merged.

The issue is that in most fonts the first 3 glyphs are set to .notdef,
and this was implemented in FOP. However, the spec says only the first
glyph is reserved for .notdef, and what happens in MOST fonts doesn't
happen in ALL fonts. If you create a bug report, I'll attach a patch
and hopefully it'll be fixed fairly promptly.

Hope that helps

Mehdi