On 24 May 2011, at 13:55, Theresa Jayne Forster wrote:

Hi Theresa

> I am trying to do a multi section document where I have a “container” with
> absolute position and then the contents of the “container” are generated from
> a template call in the xsl to the same bit of code but with different
> contents, I have tried to use position=”relative” but it doesn’t seem to do
> as I would expect it to…
> <snip />

If you use position="absolute" on the inner container as well, it should work
as you expect, IIUC (?)
In that case, the (0,0) coordinate for the inner container is then determined
relative(!) to the containing reference area, which is that of the outer
container.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Andreas