Vincent, thank you again.

You have probably solved this for me (once I truly grok the power of indent).

Cheers,
rjs

On 06/10/2011 10:23 AM, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
Hi Rob,

(Sorry for the delay.)

On 01/06/11 00:30, Rob Sargent wrote:
I have a table of data which is designed to span across two facing pages.
Thanks to the tip from Jeremias Maerki I can size the tables perfectly and
allot the correct space in the region-before or each page. But how do I get
the table to "break" across the two pages nicely?  Since the definition of
each line's depth my be determined by any column I cannot lay the two halves
out separately.  It would be cool if it would just flow nicely all by itself
but that's not quite how flow works far as I know.  Perhaps I could lay the
entire table in both region and have it truncate the left/right overflow?
That seems to me like the best way to achieve what you want. Normally
you just have to play with start-indent and end-indent on the table. You
can even set the other indent (end-indent or start-indent) to a negative
value to avoid FOP warnings. Something like this:
• for even pages:
   <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="200%"
     start-indent="0" end-indent="-100%">
     <fo:table-header start-indent="0" end-indent="0">
     </fo:table-header>
     <fo:table-body start-indent="0" end-indent="0">
     </fo:table-body>
   </fo:table>
• for odd pages:
   <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="200%"
     start-indent="-100%" end-indent="0">
     <fo:table-header start-indent="0" end-indent="0">
     </fo:table-header>
     <fo:table-body start-indent="0" end-indent="0">
     </fo:table-body>
   </fo:table>

(You may have to adjust the width of the table a bit to account for its
borders.)

Seems possible for the left page, but would it work for the right hand page.
i.e. Can one force the region to in essence "fill from the right".

Or is there a correct way to accomplish this?

All pointer welcome,

rjs
HTH,
Vincent