Did you go through all your jars looking for 'CLibJPEGImageReaderSpi'. My greatest suspicion is that you don't have all your jars lined up. Which jar(s) do you think supplies these?

What is your environment: just windows or do you have any tools like cygwin?

The "jpegImageFile" would be the filename in your xsl the external-resource. If you're just using a file that is already in place you don't have to re-write it.