Hi,

I'm new to FOP.  I could not find any discussion related to my question.

My goal is to produce a PDF that contains only a subset of pages from a FOP
intermediate (IF) file.  I thought I could manipulate the IF file, deleting
some of the <page-sequence> and <page> elements, but this does not work.  I
suspect that it fails because the IF file contains X-Y coordinates.

Is there an obvious way to create a PDF using only a subset of <page>s from
an IF file?  Is there a simple option to "print" only certain pages?

My colleague suggested that there is a way to read the IF file into a set of
FOP objects.  He suggested that I may be able to selectively append these
objects to generate the PDF.  Does anyone know the mechanism (i.e., classes)
to accomplish this?

Oh, and in my case, starting off with less content (i.e., in the XSL-FO) is
not an option.  I have a very specific need to eliminate just certain pages
and I have no way of determining which pages to remove/exclude until the IF
file is generated.

Thanks!!
-Melanie

Operating System: Windows XP