Hi and thank you for your answers.

@Robert Meyer

Robert Meyer wrote:
> Just to clarify, are you asking for a block to be indented from the left
> but expand back left if the line was too long to fit in the block?

Almost but not exactly... :)
Let me try to clarify. Indeed, something is missing from the reasoning.

A] Let's say that a paragraph "P" is a sequence of "n" lines "L1", "L2",
..., "Ln" like for example:

L1: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
L2: consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt
Ln: Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi
ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat

B] Let's choose a minimum indentation "Imin" and a maximum indentation
"Imax" for P.

C] Let's say that "w" is the width of the page.

<----------------------------------------->
+-----------------------------------------+ Page
| <--> would be Imin                      |
| <--------------> would be Imax          |

Then four cases are possible.

Case 1)
All the lines are short enough to be indented using the largest indentation
possible Imax.
P indentation is Imax.

| <--------------> Imax                   |
|                                         | P:
| <--------------> Lorem ipsum            | L1
| <--------------> Ut enim                | L2
| <--------------> Sed ut perspiciatis    | L3

Case 2)
The largest line length is "wk" > (w - Imax).
P indentation is wk.

| <--------------> Imax                   |
| <-------> wk                            |
|                                         | P:
| <-------> Lorem ipsum                   | L1
| <-------> Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem qu | L2
| <-------> Sed ut perspiciatis           | L3

Case 3)
The largest line length is exactly (w - Imin).
The paragraph indentation is Imin.
(No line is cut.)

| <--> Imin                               |
|                                         | P:
| <--> Lorem ipsum                        | L1
| <--> sed quia non numquam eius modi tem | L2
| <--> Sed ut perspiciatis                | L3

Case 4)
At least one of the lines length is wk > (w - Imin).
This line (and maybe some others) has to be cut.
P indentation is Imin.

| <--> Imin                               |
|                                         | P:
| <--> Lorem ipsum                        | L1
| <--> sed quia non numquam eius modi tem | L2
| <--> consectetur adipisicing elit, sed  | L3
| <--> do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut    |
| <--> labore et dolore magna aliqua.     |