Hi

Thanks for describing your requirements further. Unfortunately I am unaware of
a feature within FOP that would provide this functionality at this time.

Blocks extend in the inline direction up to the region extents, but I don't
think they have the ability to push back the other way dependant on their
content.

Your best bet at the moment would be to keep the indentation to a minimum and
allow the content to wrap. It would make the document more uniform as the
content would be aligned instead of having varying margins which would make it
look a bit messy.

If you feel it warrants it, you can always raise an issue with FOP to suggest
the addition of this functionality in the future [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Best Regards,

Robert Meyer