Hi,

2 quick suggestions:

1. Check if the problem occurs when the JAI image library is installed (a wild
guess).

2. Register an event listener on FOUserAgent that will throw (and eventually
log) the underlying root exception, see [1], [2]. Make sure that IOExceptions
are also logged, the embedding.events.ExampleEvents.MyEventListener will only
log fnfe (FileNotFoundException).

Alexios

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/events.html
[2]
${apache-fop-src}/examples/embedding/java/embedding/events/ExampleEvents.java

On Jun 28, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Robert Meyer wrote:

> I am running a 64-bit i7 with 8gb of RAM.
>
> In my eclipse.ini settings, I recently changed the maximum memory setting
> from the original 256mb to vmargs -Xmx2048m.
>
> After talking with Luis, he said the first time he tried to generate the
> document he also ran out of memory, so the memory setting might be the issue.
> If you haven't already done so, try increasing that value to see if it
> resolves the issue.
>
> Alternatively, it might be worth running it directly with FOP from the
> command line to see if you get different results. You can set the amount of
> memory java uses through the JAVA_OPTS system variable.
>
> Again though, this is just a guess at the moment. If it is always the same
> images it complains about, then it is less likely to be memory related.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Meyer

>> From: meenakshi.mus...@gexpro.com
>> To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org; rme...@hotmail.co.uk
>> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 06:42:20 -0700
>> Subject: RE: Help needed on Image rendering
>>
>> Rob,
>>
>> What is memory setting for eclipse and what is machine configuration, is it
>> 32 bit or 64 bit processor?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Meenakshi Musale
>> Web Operations
>> IGate Americas Inc
>> Gexpro, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue.
>> Shelton, CT 06484, USA.
>> Tel: (203) 925 - 2480

>>> 2. barcode4j.jar
>>> 3. barcode4j-fop-ext.jar
>>> 4. barcode4j-fop-ext-complete.jar
>>> 5. batik-all-1.7.jar
>>> 6. classes12.jar
>>> 7. commons-io-1.3.1.jar
>>> 8.commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
>>> 9.fop.jar
>>> 10. fop-hyph.jar
>>> 11. serializer-2.7.0.jar
>>> 12. xalan-2.7.0.jar
>>> 13. xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar
>>> 14. xml-apis-1.3.04.jar
>>> 15. xml-apis-ext-1.3.04.jar

>>> fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.o
>>> rg>
>>> Subject: RE: Help needed on Image rendering
>>>
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>> I am sorry which files are you asking, image file or any other file?
>>>
>>> If you are asking about image file then, yes these files exist and no
>>> zero length files. I had attached image zip in my previous email which
>>> are being used in xml file.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Meenakshi Musale
>>> Web Operations
>>> IGate Americas Inc
>>> Gexpro, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue.
>>> Shelton, CT 06484, USA.
>>> Tel: (203) 925 - 2480

>>> 2. xsl file which has FOP tags for generating PDF.