As I believe has been mentioned before, any part of the process of
translating from arbitrary XML into XSL-FO proper is effectively out of
scope for this ML and group unless it is a real bug in the convenience
mechanism provided by FOP to invoke XSLT for you.

If there is a problem parsing or formatting XSL-FO input, then you need to
focus on creating the smallest possible example of XSL-FO document that
demonstrates the problem.

Everything else that happens up to providing XSL-FO input should be viewed
as secondary as far as FOP is concerned.

Cheers,
Glenn