Hi,
You don't need metric files anymore since v0.95 (or earlier, don't
remember exactly).

To have both normal, extended, or condensed fonts, you have to name
them differently, style attribute is only used to distinguish regular
Vs italic.

The main improvement in font variations, between v0.2.x and after, is
the weight attribute that support numeric values, allowing to map
'light', 'normal', 'medium', 'bold', etc. to 300, 400, 500, 700, etc.

> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm in the process of converting fop from version 0.25 to version 2. There
> are several custom fonts and I had no problem registering custom fonts when
> I specify style with "normal" or "italic" in font-triplet. However, I've a
> font with different styles which registered as below where style is being
> used to distinguish the difference from the same font. I assume I can put
> any style name in font-triplet and I should be able to use it in fo where I
> need to specify the matching font-family and style. My current work around
> would be register each style with a unique name in font-triplet and change
> all the corresponding references in fo. I just want to verify if the newer
> version of FOP won't be able to specific any other styles other than
> "normal" and "italic" in <font-triplet> in the config. Or I'm missing
> something in the config in order to add a new style. Do I need a metric-url
> in this case??
>
> fop.xconf:

> fo:
> (Error: Invalid property value encountered in font-style="condensed" )
> <fo:block text-align="center" space-after.optimum="3pt"
> font-family="Eurostile" font-style="condensed" font-weight="normal"
> font-size="8pt" color="white">April 30, 2015</fo:block>
>
> (No error produce when having the same config, but changing the font-style
> from condense to normal in fo then it works)
> <fo:block text-align="center" space-after.optimum="3pt"
> font-family="Eurostile" font-style="normal" font-weight="normal"
> font-size="8pt" color="white">April 30, 2015</fo:block>
>

> --

pascal