I am late on the announcement due to my week off, but the packages were already
in our repos: Foreman Discovery 7.0.0 and Foreman Discovery Image 3.2.0.

These are Foreman 1.13+ compatible.

Foreman Discovery 7.0 is mostly a bugfix release with some refactoring around
strong parameters and UEFI support. Discovery now fully supports Debian/Ubuntu
operating systems in PXE-less environments (A Debian kexec template is provided
by default). Other noticeable changes:

* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16324 - Kexec templates fixed for
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16041 - Unify accordion styles in show
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16105 - Force DNS rebuild when
provisioning discovered host
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15777 - Add modal to provision action
on show page
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15750 - Added missing strong params for
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16081 - FactValue returns value for
host method
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15750 - Strong parameters implementation

Foreman Discovery Image 3.2 is ready for download and works with 7.0. The image
is smaller because unused MacOS EFI loaders were dropped. Preliminary support
for VLAN was added and the `biosdevname` package is present on the image,
therefore DELL systems will report network card names as expected. It is
possible to turn off this behavior tho via usual kernel command line option.

KMS video drivers were removed from the image to prevent console bugs when
kexecing and smart proxy log buffer plugin is now enabled by default.
Noticeable patches:

* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14247 - Prevents proxy from timing out
during startup
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9945 - Add VLAN support for primary
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/8540 - Hostname is no longer sent in
DHCP request
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16526 - Added biosdevname package
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16450 - Fixed foreman port check
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16420 - Report the foreman server/proxy
used to register
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15195 - New option fdi.dhcp_timeout for
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15138 - Start proxy when IPv4 is not
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14495 - Added i18n support
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15517 - Root password is not sent to
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/15144 - Removed KMS video drivers
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14494 - Made texts branding-friendly
* http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/14315 - Fixed proxy logger and enabled
log buffer

Known issues:

Auto provisioning does not set Content Source and View/Media correctly when
Katello plugin is installed. We are tracking this as

Media, OS and Architecture is not set correctly for interactive provisioning.
Tracked as http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16750

These bugfixes will be backported into the 7.0 series when it's ready.

Documentation was updated to reflect all the changes, head over to:

To update your FDI download from:

Have a productive weekend!

 Lukas #lzap Zapletal