> On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:40 AM, Patrick Brunmayr <p.brunm...@linzag.at> wrote:
>
> Of course this is a good idea but the User object anways smells like
> inetOrgPerson :)

You’ve got me there.  :-)

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:40 AM, Patrick Brunmayr <p.brunm...@linzag.at> wrote:
>
> My thoughts were more along the lines that you extend the user entity with
> your custom attributes.
>
> Thats perfect. But there are several question
>
> *   How can i get a list of all Users in Fortress API ?
>
> *   How can i get a User by a Criteria ?

Checkout the reviewmgr:
http://directory.apache.org/fortress/gen-docs/latest/apidocs/org/apache/directory/fortress/core/ReviewMgr.html

To pull back all users:

List<User> findUsers(new User(") );

or there are a few other searches you can do, by userid, role, org unit.

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:40 AM, Patrick Brunmayr <p.brunm...@linzag.at> wrote:
>
> *   How will Fortress handle to give me back my specific User class with the
> populated extra Fields. Remember i need to manipulate the User later and i
> need access to
> my extra Fields.

That’s the question that begs asking.  I can again point to the idea of a
callback module that gets inserted into the flow or perhaps Chris Pike’s work
using the querybuilder will help us here.

The good news is you’re not the only one asking for this and it’s doable for a
few methods, i.e. user add, update, search.

Shawn