From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Luis
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 3:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; forum
Cc: kepler
Subject: Re: [t13] ATA Security

This message is from the T13 list server.

Hello Mr. Hatfield:

Thank you very much for the clarification. I had read this clarification

from the 2006 documents, but was not sure if this chabge had been
accepted or not.

Q: In regards to documents from previous years, for example 2005, are
these documents those that were accepted that year alone. Or are
proposals that have not yet been accepted maintained as well?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Luis E. Rodriguez
____________________
Software Engineer
Avery Design Systems

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>This message is from the T13 list server.
>

><hatfield> Please see my responses  below.
>
>Thank You !!!
>Jim Hatfield
>Seagate Technology LLC
>   e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
>   voice:  720-684-2120
>   fax....:  720-684-2711
>

>             Luis

>             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>             n.com.tw>
>             Sent by:                  forum@t13.org

>             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
>             rg

>             No Phone Info
Subject
>             Available                 [t13] ATA Security

>             08/20/2006 08:33

>             PM

>This message is from the T13 list server.
>

>Hello everyone,
>
>I have recently joined the e-mail reflector for T13,
>
>Many questions have popped in my mind about the SECURITY commands:
>
>When using the Master Password, and the security level is Maximum, what
>is the expected response of the device when receiving the following
>commands
>(abort/execute):
>
>SECURITY DISABLE PASSWORD
><hatfield> abort the command
>
>SECURITY ERASE UNIT
><hatfield> execute the command
>
>SECURITY UNLOCK
><hatfield> abort the command
>

>I have read the proposals under the Documents 2006 by
*Hatfield/Wolford*
>regarding ATA Security issues. In the case that a proposal does not
have
>"Accepted"
>should it be regarded as just a  suggestion and not yet as a correction
or
>update to the previous
>Spec. And in the case that it is "Accepted", should I interpret the
>document as an accepted revision to
>the Spec?
><hatfield> 'accepted' means that it has been accepted for incorporation
>into the standard.
><hatfield> BUT - nothing is final until the entire standard has been
voted
>on, letter ballots accepted, forwarded to INCITS, and
><hatfield> INCITS has accepted it. Until all that is done, some things
can
>still change.
>

>Thank's in advanace to anyone who may provide some answers regarding
>these matters. Any clarifications on the issue of ATA Security would be
>very useful to me.
>
>Regards,
>

>Luis E. Rodriguez
>
>Software Engineer
>Avery-Design Systems

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by