On Nov 30, 2007 3:51 PM, Shaun McCance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:54 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Nov 26, 2007 10:28 AM, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > 2. How do you think the GNOME Foundation should support the Free
> > > Software Movement in general?
> >
> > I think the most pressing thing is that the Foundation and our
> > partners need to investigate (with SFLC's help) the GPL v3, and decide
> > whether or not to move forward on that. I've been involved with v3 for
> > a long time now, and hopefully can help coordinate that effort.
>
> If people are going to be looking at licenses, I would very
> much like to discuss the FDL v2, and our usage of the FDL in
> general.  There are some troublesome parts whose implications
> for GNOME aren't clear to me.

My immediate gut instinct on this one is 'we're stuck with it whether
we like it or not', but you know more about the copyright ownership of
the docs than I do.

> Also, I'm not certain how the copyleft nature of the FDL will
> impact the dynamic-collection-of-pages nature of Mallard.

I'd love to look into that if I'm elected; please remind me about the
question if/when that happens. (I'm not really taking down todos quite
yet.)

Luis