john palmieri a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Dave Neary <dne...@gnome.org> wrote:

The way forward seems clear to me - the membership committee decides what
counting method will be used, announces it, and we count the election
according to that means. There doesn't need to be a crisis here.

Deciding on the correct method after the elections seems a bit off to me.  A
member who voted should know exactly how their vote is going to be counted
before the ballot is cast.  If different methods reach different conclusions
then that is a crisis because the membership committee would be free to
choose the one which fits their agenda the most (not that I feel there is an
agenda but the possibility leaves doubt on the validity of the results).

I would agree it's a problem if the method could be changed each time there is an election. But for a one-time decision, that's not a problem.

Consider it as a bug : we knew the votes would be counted using a more elaborate method than plain comparison of number of votes, but it wasn't 100% clear which. Now it's clear, the bug is closed, let's move on!

Snark on #gnome-hackers