Hi, I am using Alteon 180e as a L2 switch for my web traffic redirection to squid cache since last 7 years, without any problem. The specs of Alteon web switch says it can support 24k web sessions/sec. But per interface slb maximum session in the switch is 21504 and total slb max session is 172032, which is not mentioned in the datasheet.
Currently I have aggregated 30,000 web redirection sessions per/sec and I am managing this sessions by dividing the traffic and sending it in 3 different ports of 180e. I recently observed that 180e is missing connection some time and my users are getting 'tcp reset" . I believe it is hitting the box session limit to high no of concurrent sessions per sec, though the box shows terminated connection occasionally because while I bypass traffic of few prefixes to decrease the sessions it runs just fine. The traffic is rapidly increasing I would just send the traffic for redirection from just 1 port but unable to do so.... What would be the best alternative to upgrade this switch in terms of price and performance? I required at least 100k sessions/sec inbound L4 web redirection session in one single port. And 3 Gig port is adequate for me. Nortel Alteon 3408E is way way too expensive comparatively to Alteon180e which is available in ebay for 300$. Can any Foundry's older models can do it? like "T8SLBF ServerIronXL/G 8 port Gigabit SX, 400Mhz processor, 32MB DRAM, Internet IronWare" , SI 350Any other good suggestions? Regards, Samit _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
