I would also put a vote in for the MLX/XMR line. We have a good number
of them in our network and haven't had any big issues with them.
Recently we started duel stacking IPv4 and IPv6, again, no issues.
Depending on your needs the XMR may be a better fit but that's a choice
you will have to make.

-Daniel


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Pinkard
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [f-nsp] Is there much to recommend an MLX?


Time and time again I've gotten anecdotal recommendations that Foundry
should only be used for layer 2. I would like to open that up to a wider
audience with a perhaps more directed question:

What is there about the MLX platform that helps it compare to the
available offerings from Juniper/Cisco/etc? Why did you end up with that
gear other than just price? With the same options available, would you
buy it again?

(Please avoid the flamable aspects of that conversation)
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to