We have 8 in XMR's in production at this point, some running hundreds of BGP
sessions, and our pain has been minimal. There was a pretty bad software bug
that caused us to send full tables to peers so we were tripping
max-prefixes, but it was addressed. I think we've had 1 line card fail in
the past 6 months, so not bad.

I would definitely recommend the XMR for its price/performance point.
However, be very careful with what you try to do with a SuperX :-). Don't
mix SuperX with BGP if you can help it.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Dan Pinkard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>
> Time and time again I've gotten anecdotal recommendations that Foundry
> should only be used for layer 2. I would like to open that up to a wider
> audience with a perhaps more directed question:
>
> What is there about the MLX platform that helps it compare to the available
> offerings from Juniper/Cisco/etc? Why did you end up with that gear other
> than just price? With the same options available, would you buy it again?
>
> (Please avoid the flamable aspects of that conversation)
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
>
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to