"Airhart, Chad M." wrote:

> Help.  I followed solution #1 for DNS not running on the AW.  Modified the
> hosts file.  Had to also modify the rc.foxapps file because the subnet the
> exchange server is on was not routed to the AW51C subnet.  Ran the command
> as listed to send a junk file to my email address and was unsuccessful.  The
> command ran as if it were successful but I received no mail.  I am now at a
> loss as to how to troubleshoot further.  I don't see any references to .log
> or .err files.  Any help would be appreciated.
Email can be a pain!
Try this to help with fault finding
/usr/lib/sendmail -v [EMAIL PROTECTED] </dev/null

(replace [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a valid email address)
You should see something like this

/usr/lib/sendmail -v [EMAIL PROTECTED] </dev/null
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Connecting to mailhost (ether)...
220 nrggos.com.au ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8; Fri, 17 Nov 2000
11:01:05 +1000 (EST)
>>> HELO ENGAW1.nrggos.com.au
250 nrggos.com.au Hello eaw-a [192.168.2.191], pleased to meet you
250 <dbond@ENGAW1>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Recipient ok
>>> DATA
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 LAA25705 Message accepted for delivery
>>> QUIT
221 nrggos.com.au closing connection
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent (LAA25705 Message accepted for delivery)

Our email is relayed internally by a Sun box (Not Foxboro) to an
Exchange Server
The exchange server prints a similar output when it is working Ok.
See if this helps

Darryl Bond

--
Darryl Bond