On 26.01.2013 12:34, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
I think now when operators for simple types are present in the
language it is too late to care about explicitly declarative language.
It is simple not explicit anymore.

And index (or better to call it key) extension for for-in loop will
not make it less explicit for sure.

Personally, I think the tuple approach proposal is more general, and
therefor better.

Once more, I do not think that language extensions are bad. I judge them
on a case by case basis.

But if I must choose between

for a,b in c do

(with C a tuple enumerator/iterator) or

for a in c index b do

Then the former is ten times (well, a lot) better.

So if someone were to introduce that to solve the original poster's
problem, you will not hear me protesting, it will have been well worth
the energy I put in this discussion.

Then let's better concentrate our energy to implementing tuples in a good way and (more or less) everyone will be happy :D

I'd suggest to start a new thread for that if we want to discuss proposals for syntax, semantics, corner cases, etc.